Important Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Thursday 19th March 2020
Our club remains open as normal, and we are closely monitoring the Government guidelines on the COVID-19 virus and are following their advice. We are committed to ensuring our club is always clean and safe, so you can confidently continue to enjoy what matters to you. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and would like to reassure you that we are adhering to Public Health England guidance, and are working closely with UK Active, Golf England and other partner agencies to go above and beyond, putting measures in place for all future eventualities.
We are restricting the number of places in our studio classes by 50%, deactivating 50% of the cardiovascular equipment in the gym and have introduced new OUTDOOR group exercise classes. This will enable you to keep an increased distance from others in compliance with the Government’s social distancing guidelines.
Some members have asked in particular about the use of swimming pools. The Pool Water Advisory Group, who have also been working closely with Public Health England, have confirmed that coronavirus is inactivated at the levels of chlorine that is used in swimming pools.
To protect you as much as possible, and to provide you with the best possible service, please note the following:
- We have significantly increased the cleaning, wiping and sanitising of the club throughout the day, and have instructed our cleaning contractors to deep clean every evening.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitisers where possible.
- We ask for your help in washing your hands thoroughly, as often as possible. Every single member of our team has committed to washing their hands thoroughly and regularly. We have now asked staff to refrain from shaking hands (or other similar greetings) with colleagues, members or guests as a preventative measure.
- We will continue to adjust the food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have reduced the number of tables and chairs in the Club and Pulse bars to increase the spacing
- Our staff are receiving ongoing, daily briefings and significantly enhanced operating protocols
- We are monitoring capacity in all areas of the club.
- If you are feeling unwell, we ask you to postpone visiting the club and adhere to Government guidelines.
- Any team member that shows symptoms will be required to self-isolate.
- We are not changing our opening hours so you have every opportunity to exercise during quieter times
Although the fresh air and exercise that golf provides in abundance is exactly everyone needs at this time. Here’s some guidance, in accordance with Golf England for when you are playing:
- Avoid touching the flags, just leave them in when you are putting
- Only pick up your own ball
- Keep some wipes or hand gel in your bag
- Only use your own equipment, and don’t share it with others
- Only use the rake in the bunker if you are able to sanitise your hands (alternatively smooth the sand over using your foot or club head).
- Avoid shaking hands after your game
- Try and keep 2 metres from your playing partner and staff where possible
- Wash your hands in hot soapy water after your round
To get the latest Government advice, and recommended actions you can take to protect yourself and others, you can go here to out more: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response